Subject: NT Memory Guage
From: [email-masked] (John Crookshank)
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 1995 09:51:37 -0500

I just downloaded a nice little memory guage for NT/Alpha, and thought
others might be interested in it, since Windows tells us so darn little
about what's really going on "under the hood" as far as memory is
concerned. This little program puts a guage the size of an icon on the
screen, and has little bar-guages to show %memory busy, %physical
memory use, and %pagefile use. Double-clicking on it will expand into a
small window with a larger and more verbose readout. And it can be set to
sit on top of all other screens, so you can park it on an unused area of
the front-most screen and keep watch of memory usage as you work.

The version I've found is for DEC Alpha, but I imagine an Intel version
might be available somewhere. I couldn't find an Intel version at the site
below, only the DEC Alpha version.

Anyway, if you're interested, ftp.garply.com is the site, and the file is:
/pub/pc/nt/alpha/ntbann.zip. The full name is ntbanner, in case you want to
search for it elsewhere.

Requires WinNT, DEC Alpha system.

--
      ______________________________________________________________
     /     John Crookshank         | Raptor3 DEC Alpha Workstations \
    |  MicroTech Solutions, Inc.   | Lightwave 3D, Toaster/Flyer     |
    | Desktop Video Systems Dealer | JVC Professional Video Products |
    | NewTek Systems Group Dealer  | PVR, Speed Razor, and more.     |
    |------------------------------|---------------------------------|
    |     [email-masked]              http://www.mt-inc.com/       |
     \______________________________________________________________/